WordPad in Windows 10 is free of cost and convenient application. It was initially introduced with Windows 95, and We still use it in Windows 10 with many improved features. If you are new to Windows 10 WordPad or want to know some remarkable features about it, then Get help with WordPad in Windows 10 is made for you.
Although WordPad sounds the same as Notepad, it is not as simple as Notepad in Windows 10. We can say Wordpad on desktop windows 10 is an advanced version of Notepad. And if we compare the look, it is similar to Microsoft word.
Must Read: Get Help With File Explorer In Windows 10
A Glance From The History: What is WordPad? Earlier, Microsoft has launched Microsoft Write. But in Windows 95, Write was replaced with WordPad.
- 1 Get Help With WordPad In Windows 10
- 2 How To Open WordPad In Windows 10
- 3 How To Pin To Task Bar WordPad For Windows 10
- 4 How To Use WordPad In Windows 10
- 5 Help On How To Customize WordPad Document
- 6 How To Print A WordPad Document
- 7 Is WordPad Free With Windows 10
- 8 How To Reset WordPad Settings To Default WordPad Settings
Get Help With WordPad In Windows 10
Without any delay, let’s see how we can get help with WordPad in Windows 10 and make the best use of it. In this Windows Ever guide, I will probably cover all the essentials like Word Pad installation, WordPad settings, methods, WordPad free download, and all kinds of how to’s related to Wordpad in Windows 10.
How To Open WordPad In Windows 10
How do I find WordPad on windows 10? Here are the three best ways to access WordPad. You can follow any of your choices to start Windows 10 WordPad.
Way 1: Find WordPad On My Computer Using Run Command
Press Win+R to open Run command box. Type in WordPad then hit Ok.
Way 2: Get Help With Cortana Windows 10
Simply go to the Cortana Search Box and Type WordPad.
Way 3: Open WordPad From Windows 10 Start Menu
Where is the start menu, and how to open WordPad from there? Check out the below-explained steps:
- Click on the Window icon from the left down corner.
- Under All Apps, Look for the WordPad under Windows Accessories and open it.
How To Pin To Task Bar WordPad For Windows 10
After knowing how to start WordPad in Windows 10, we will see how we can make a pin of it to the taskbar for further hasslefree use.
As directed previously, go to the Cortana Search Box and Type WordPad. When the WordPad icon appears, right-click on it and select Pin to taskbar option. It’s Done!
You can also choose Pin to start if you wish.
How To Use WordPad In Windows 10
WordPad is a Microsoft application that you can use to create records such as letters, notes, and posters, etc. It’s less complicated than Microsoft Word.
Have a look at the complete list of how to use WordPad for Windows 10 for better understanding.
- Create, open and save documents
- WordPad for typing text
- Selecting text
- Document Formation – Change the size and Print styles, Page look, etc.
- Insert date and time, pictures and hyperlinks
- Paint Drawing
- Change page margins
- Copying and moving text
- To copy text and paste it to another location
- Print documents.
Unsupported Features Of WordPad
You have got almost all the essential features of WordPad Windows 10, But it’s not over yet. Check out the list of unsupported features of WordPad Win 10.
- Headers and footers
- Columns, Footnotes, and endnotes
- Comments, revisions, and bookmarks
- Password Encryption
- Document metadata
- Chart content, mathematical content, and graphic content in OpenDocument format
- Embedded fonts
- Intra-document links
Help On How To Customize WordPad Document
Microsoft Windows 10 has structured Wordpad with many customizable features. These customized features help a lot in making a simple text document look more attractive and creative.
Font Customize Settings In WordPad
We can change WordPad default fonts to get a different set of font styles as well as font sizes. Other than that, you can use specifications like make a text bold, italic, underlined, text highlight color, strikethrough, and so on.
Paragraph Customize Settings In WordPad Windows 10
Paragraph customize settings in WordPad includes text alignments(Left, Right, Center), Paragraph dialogue box, Line spacing, list-making, indent setting, etc.
Insert Customize Settings In WordPad Windows 10
Insert settings in WordPad Windows 10 have many appealing features. With these custom settings, you can add pictures, use paint in windows 10 WordPad, insert date & time, and create objects in any text document.
How To Print A WordPad Document
Where are settings in WordPad to print the document? Follow the below-given steps to print WordPad documents in Windows 10.
- In WordPad Windows 10, Go to the File option
- Now click on Print option
- You can select Print or Quick Print option(Quick Print selection prints the document quickly with default selected printer )
- When you choose Print option, a Setting Windows will open
- Select the printer and preferences you want, and then click Print.
Is WordPad Free With Windows 10
I got this comment query from many visitors. So I thought it must be explained here.
By default, Wordpad on Windows 10 comes pre-installed and ready to use. But, if anyone can’t find Word Pad in Windows 10 desktop, they can download WordPad for windows 10.
Get Microsoft word pad free download from their official website https://www.microsoft.com/
Download WordPad for free and safe word pad installation of the latest trial or new full version for Windows 10 (x32, 64 bit, 86) comfortably.
How To Reset WordPad Settings To Default WordPad Settings
If you’ve customized WordPad settings and want to return to default WordPad settings, then help with WordPad in Windows 10 is here to tell you how to do that.
- Hit Win+R to open the Run command, type in regedit, and hit Enter.
- In Registry Editor, type:
- Under WordPad Tab, Delete Options key.
Exit and When you open the WordPad again, and we have successfully change WordPad to default settings.
Recommended: How To Update USB Drivers In Windows 10
I got a very positive response for my last article on Change Power And Sleep Settings In Windows 10. It gives the influence to put more and more effort into this cover get help with WordPad in Windows 10. Read the article, apply it, and get Word Pad help. Let me know which point you like the most. Also, share the post as much as you can.